Procedures


Facial plastic surgeries

 

Asian Eyelid Surgery “Double Eyelid Surgery” (Asian Blepharoplasty)

 

The crease of the upper eyelid is non-existent in many Asian eyes, allowing the eyelid skin to drape over the lashes, thus making the eye appear smaller. In Asian eyelid surgery, a crease in the upper eyelid is created to open and define the eyes while maintaining a natural look


Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)

It is very common to develop excess skin and bags around your eyes with aging, giving you a tired look even if you feel great. Eyelid surgery removes the excess skin, muscle and fat through an incision in the natural skin crease of your eye to provide a more youthful appearance


Nose Reshaping Surgery (Rhinoplasty)

Rhinoplasty is performed to improve the appearance of the nose by increasing the size, decreasing the size or enhancing the definition. Nose reshaping surgery is also commonly performed to help improve breathing problems by addressing the structures of the nasal passage


Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)

 

Wrinkles and excess skin develops with the aging process and years of sun exposure. Through incisions hidden around the ear and hairline, facelift surgery removes the sagging skin and improves the wrinkles, providing a more youthful jawline and neck


Chin Augmentation (Chin Implant)

Chin augmentation is performed to improve the appearance of the chin by increasing the size and projection as well as enhancing the jawline. Dr Jen is the author of the chapter on chin augmentation in the most widely used text book in facial plastic surgery (Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Third Edition).


Browlift

Through incisions hidden in the hairline, browlift surgery elevates the sagging eyebrow to provide a more youthful look to the eyebrows and eyes.


Hair Transplantation

Hair transplantation is performed to restore hair to a balding scalp. Hair restoration surgery offers a permanent solution to baldness. Dr. Jen utilizes the most advanced technique, now offering incisionless hair transplants follicular unit extraction.

The normal cycle of hair growth lasts for 2 to 3 years. Each hair grows approximately 1 centimeter per month during this phase. Only 90 percent of the hair on your scalp is growing at any one time, the other 10 percent of the hair on your scalp, at any one time, is in a resting phase. After 3 to 4 months, the resting hair falls out and new hair starts to grow in its place. It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of this cycle. However, some people may experience excessive (more than normal) hair loss. Hair loss of this type can affect men, women and children. Hormonal problems, stresses, medicines, certain infections all may cause excessive hair loss. However, hair restoration is the most common and effective solution for hair loss problems.


Injections


Botox

Botox is a protein, which relaxes muscles that it is injected into. By relaxing certain muscles which cause wrinkles, Botox injection can improve wrinkles and provide a more youthful appearance. The injection itself takes about 10 minutes. Over several days many patients see improvement in fine lines and wrinkles. The effects last for 4-6 months. 


Juvederm

Juvederm is a gel made of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally occurring in human skin that helps to provide volume and hydration. Juvederm is injected under the skin to smooth away facial wrinkles such as “smile lines” (nasolabial folds – the lines that run from the corners of your mouth to your nose). Juvederm has immediate results and minimal downtime. The procedure can last for up to 9 months.


Radiesse

Radiesse dermal filler is made of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel, and is injected into the skin to smooth away facial wrinkles such as “smile lines” (nasolabial folds – the lines that run from the corners of your mouth to your nose). Radiesse has immediate results and minimal downtime. The procedure can last for up to 1 year.